Wednesday 2 December 2015

FINAL ASSESSMENT- AMELIA'S DESIGN

When we first practised Amelia's design her buns were quite messy and too frizzy so to overcome this we made her hair straight before applying crimpers this made the hair more sleek but still gave it that little bit of frizz. I think my assessment went really well and I like the outcome of it. I hadn't used the hairpins before which twisted into the hair and was difficult to put in without ruining the bun so I had to just place them in and try secure with a grip instead. I liked working with someone else's design even though I loved my own design I liked the fact it was like working in industry and a little bit of a challenge. The design was finalised quite late which meant less practise but apart from that I was quite confident that I could do it anyway.  If i was to do it again I would use different pearls, ones with a thin pin on the end not the twisted ones as it ended up ruining the shape of the bun. I would of also added something to the front of the hair maybe to hide the grip. 






1 comment:

  1. I have waist length hair and am pretty handy with it. On my own I figured out how to do all but two hairstyles British actress Marina Sirtis wears in Star Trek: TNG and I also know how to do the seashell Natalie Portman wears in the second Star Wars prequel, without the use of a wig.

    Lovely blog, I love looking at hair design. Best of luck to you in your career. You must be about to graduate now, yes?

    ReplyDelete