Thursday 22 October 2015

CREATING AN ELIZABETHAN HAIRSTYLE ON A PERSON- TECHNICAL

Today we had to work on a person for the first time, I decided to try and create the same design I had previously done on my doll's head to see if it would be more difficult. Using the same techniques as before I sectioned the front and then started on the back of the hair. This time I crimped the hair to create texture, I then brushed it out to give a frizzed effect. I then back combed the hair and sectioned into three parts. Using the top two parts I rolled them into a heart shape and gripped them into place. I decided to try a different technique at the back rather than the bun and rolled the hair under to create two rolls. Helen's hair was a lot shorter than the doll's head which is why I had to try something else rather than a bun as I wouldn't of got the large bun that i had previously creates. The rolls created really well because it made it look as if her hair was really thick. 
 I then started creating the small curls at the front of the hair, I found this part really difficult as Helen's hair already had quite a lot of product in and natural oils coming through. This made it hard to pick up the curls and get them as precise and defined as I wanted them. The hair at the front was quite thin compared to the doll's head meaning I couldn't create as many curls as I wanted to. I still like the way the hair turned out and I actually like that the curls are hidden slightly and not as noticeable. If I was to do it again i would have to take more hair from the front of the head to be able to create more curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment