Wednesday 21 October 2015

CREATING AN ELIZABETHAN HAIRSTYLE- TECHNICAL

In this lesson we were asked to create an Elizabethan Hairstyle, this was the first time we were really creating a full hairstyle and having our own creative freedom. I decided to do some research before hand and find a portrait that caught my eye. I liked the detail in this portrait I found of Queen Elizabeth, and all of the tiny little curls at the front of the hair. I decided to try to recreate something similar to this...

I actually wanted to see how the curls would look bigger so I decided to do two rolls of curls, I started by sectioning the front so I knew which part I was using for the little curls. I then started doing the back of the hair using back combing to create height and then put the rest of the hair into a bun. When creating the curls at the front I took small sections and curled them around my fingers creating a roll, I then pressed them flat onto the head and gripped them in place. Unfortunately in the end the grips were very noticeable so next time I want to try using the really thin pins as in photographs I know the grips would show up. I really love how my look turned out although I would like to try doing even smaller curls and make them really neat. I would also have crimped the rest of the hair to add texture if I had more time. Also I would like to try using product on the curls to make them a lot smoother and prominent and less frizzy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment