Tuesday 6 October 2015

HAIR ADORNMENTS- TECHNICAL

In today's lesson we learnt about hair adornments and accessories. These were both very popular in the Tudor times and actually represented wealth and royalty.

First I created a quick Elizabethan hairstyle so that I could accessorize the hair similar to how they would. I created a heart shape using back combing and i plaited the front of the hair and around the bun just to add some more detail to the look.
I found some beads that looked like oval pearls and a cream ribbon,they both looked very expensive and royal which was the look I wanted to go for.

At first I tried a normal round bun but didn't like the way it looked at the back and you couldn't really  see the ribbon. I then tried rolling the hair in sections which I think looked a lot more detailed and neat. I also plaited little sections around the rolls. I then added the pearls to look almost like a crown, I like the way they sat around the plaits and think it finished the look really well. I then added the ribbon down the center of the rolls just to add a little more detail to the back of the hair so everything wasn't just focused on the front.







No comments:

Post a Comment